Friday, January 05, 2007

What the!?!

Today someone asked me what was going on with the strip...I think most of you probably already know this, but I'm not updating the strip everyday anymore. I stopped for a couple of reasons. When I started this little project, the goal was to get 20-24 strips ready to try and send off to the major syndicates (something I've never tried before) and I soon found out that I had a ton of material! I was getting some great feedback from co-workers and other cartoonists I respect and to date I now have 62 strips and I stuck with it (without missing a day) for nearly 2 and half months!! I would like to collect these comics at a later date, perhaps in color? But the main reason it's slowed down is because I wanted to get back to work on "This Is How We Met". I want to devote more time to it and get it right. That doesn't mean I won't be sharing pages or posting rare doodles everyday or every other day....it just means I don't have the whole "I have to do it" mindset...but I tell ya what...it sure is harder than it looks....how in the world Charles Schulz did it every single day for 50 years is beyond me....but it takes time to build a "character" I guess?...you know, one that's worthwhile :)

and yes...I will show you what Tony's running from....

No comments: