Sunday, November 04, 2007

Nobody Likes Tony Pony....



....is at the printers! I picked 24 (actually 26) of my favoritest strips from this past year and put 'em together in a neat little comical book package. Massive props and thank yous to my pals Josh Alves, who designed this cover and also the cover to "More Than Sparrows" and Megazeen head honcho Joey Endres for helping me prepare the art and for hooking me up with a great printer. I'm sure the books will be available for sale at MZ and Blindwolf Studios soon.....maybe 2 weeks? Also, I haven't forgotten about poor Kuzzah, just been busy with strips about Tony and Tyler and some new characters. Everytime I try to do something else, I think to myself that will just be one less strip I get to do about Tony and then I just totally freeze. Major writers block for anything else! I think once the current Fearnots storyline wraps, I may try to put all of these guys under one roof ala' Peanuts or something? Found a ton of archival stuff...even a letter from Gordon Prior who had me on his local Public access television program a few years ago. It's on VHS if anyone knows how to convert that sort of thing? Then you too can watch my big ole 90s stache in action! Magnum P.I. baby!! Here's a random doodle from my little sketchbook....I was talking to Kneon about my love for "G.I.Joe" and mentioned a tribute book I was thinking about....Here's the first official sketch for "Fort James" and a Tony cover in glorious orange....

4 comments:

Kneon Transitt said...

Yo... uh... James!

Jamie Cosley said...

It's a "working title"....I also like Combat Kyle :)

Kneon Transitt said...

Army Arnold?

jeremy said...

Hey Jamie -

I'll convert that vid for you.

Fire me an email.

~ Jeremy