Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Priscilla #5 Broken Wings



Issue #5 is dear to my heart because it deals with the very serious issue of human trafficking.   Last year I went with my Pastor on a fact finding Missions trip to Belize (we were looking for ministries to partner with) and my eyes were opened to a culture where dark behavior is considered a way of life for some families - just another way for them to survive.  People from Belize as well as other countries are exploiting young children and both the children and their families believe this is normal - that it's the only option.  I'm 9 pages into our next book and I already see (art wise) subtle homages I've paid to Al Hartley's Archie comics from Spire and the work of Malaysian Super Cartoonist Lat.  Have you ever read "Kampung Boy"? buy here or "Town Boy"? Buy Here - Wow!  Lat is such a great cartoonist.  I didn't set out to do a Tribute to Al and Lat but I think it just kinda happened - maybe subconsciously :)  Pete is scripting a very powerful story and I can't wait until people see it!  Here are a couple of sneak peeks at the artwork and a pic of me from Belize last summer.  One way you can help us out is by buying up Crown Jr. comics!  I illustrated Priscilla issues 1-4 - Check 'em out here - Crown Jr. Comics feel free to check out the issues here first for FREE!  I know, right?  Priscilla comics 

No comments: